Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Test Cast SUCCESS!!!

Woohoo - I'm doing the happy dance! My test cast was successful!!! The new torch tip is AWESOME!!!
I did get some bubbles, but that's an issue with investing. Do you see the little balls of metal stuck on the rings? That's were the bubbles didn't rise to the surface during investing/suction. I think I will need to buy a little machine that will dislodge the bubbles and allow them to rise properly or reduce the time I mix the investment. It did start to set up a little fast, maybe it's the humidity. Anyhow, those little bubbles will cause problems if they get stuck in the lettering so I need to take care of that problem before I do any mass casting.
I'm just thrilled to death that the casting process went so smoothly! Woooooooooooohooooooooooo!
I think I will have them available in about a week and a half. :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment